Sunday, February 8, 2009

Procrastination. You never know what it is you're missing until you stop procrastinating and do it. I knew there was gonna be trouble when I saw Katie emerge from the deep dark hole of doom. Our closet. (Okay so it's not THAT bad.) With... roller blades. Than she opens her mouth, that sweet to cute to be ignored mouth of hers, and says "Will you help me learn how to skate?" Of course she adds in those big brown puppy eyes and I'm sold...almost.
I wanted to help her because she asked me to, not Jess, or Caroline, but me. Than again I needed to get some things done, and she might get hurt, and it was cold- no, hot- okay perfect outside. Yeah, I was just coming up with excuses. Cold hearted me said, "yeah sure later. I need to clean my room and study some, but later, okay?" (A.K.A not really, I just want you to get those puppy eyes away from me.)
Well, I finished my room in an untimely manner an hour or two later. That's when she attacks again. "Are you finished? Wanna help me now?"
"Ah, no, not quite. I uh need to scrub my bathroom, and study still, but later I promise."
It's later. Where am I? Oh, you know, I thought I'd help Dad with the tree house design. He looked like he could use it. Than from behind, "Are you finished?!"
"oh! Um, no not yet. But almost."
"Fine I'll just go by myself."
"Oh, okay..." Now I'm kicking myself. Why couldn't you just go help for a few minutes? Huh? Why didn't you just say "Sure, Kate, I'd love too?" Think of those memories you just lost, of teaching her how to skate on Sarah Ann's first pair of skates, the same ones you learned to skate on. Good grief, what kind of selfish person are you?
Ten minutes later she comes back. "What happened?"
"I fell down."
Thank you Lord. I mean, I'm not glad she fell down, Lord; I'm just glad you gave me second chance. I definitely don't deserve it. Than again, I shouldn't be surprised. You also chose me before the dawn of time to be your beloved child, and not because of anything I would do or have done. So thank You Lord. "Kate, lets go try that again, you'll get better."
Before long, Ben was out there too. I could see it in the way her eyes glowed, that Ben being out there made her try harder. She was turning and stopping all by herself within minutes. Ben on the other hand was a mess. The most adorable mess I ever seen, but a mess all the same. His feet kept rolling out from under him, and splat! there he'd go on his bottom. He'd be laughing so hard he couldn't control it, let alone his feet on skates. That infectious laugh had us all rolling (forgive the pun) before long.
Yes the Lord truly blessed me with a beautiful afternoon. Katie did fall down and hurt her shoulder, but she was fine, and we got in a lot of skating before then, anyway. Thank You, Lord, for two wonderful siblings.~Louly

No comments:

Post a Comment